Generosity Funds Vital Mission & Service
• The pie chart shows how generosity supports six program areas of Mission & Service.
• All Mission & Service giving is applied entirely to these six program areas.
• Expenditures in the six program areas include direct grants, and program costs (including staff and support
services.) Support services required for program delivery include finance, information technology, human
resources, and communications.
BUDGETED 2017 MISSION & SERVICE REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES ($27.7 MILLION)
Mission & Service at a Glance 2017
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada complies with the Imagine Canada Ethical Code and the Canadian Council for
International Cooperation Code of Ethics. The United Church is the first denomination in Canada to become signatory to the United Nation’s
Principles of Responsible Investment.
MISSION & SERVICE DONATIONS: $24.8 MILLION
• Giving for Mission & Service: congregational, UCW, and individual gifts
• Giving through wills and other planned gifts for Mission & Service
• Giving for Mission & Service also comes from and through The United Church of Canada Foundation
ADDITIONAL REVENUE: $2.9 MILLION
• Additional revenue is designated for specific Mission & Service partners and programs.
• Other revenue sources include retail sales, investment income, and unrestricted donations.
Detailed expenditure and revenue
for 2016 Mission & Service is
online at united-church.ca (search
Mission & Service 2016.)
SEE THE STORY
of Mission & Service funding for
Aboriginal ministries, and the ongoing
work of healing and reconciliation.
OUT OF EACH $100
DOLLARS: $18 goes to global
Mission & Service; $12 to
community and justice work;
$8 for theological education;
$28 for faith formation; $25
supports innovation and local
ministries; $9 supports leadership in Conferences.
Global Mission & Service
$5 million ($2.9M grants)
Community and Justice Work
$3.4 million ($1.8M grants)
Theological Education and Vocation of Ministry Work
$2.2 million ($1.6M grants)
$7.7 million ($0.3M grants)
Support to Local Ministries
$6.8 million ($2.9M grants)
$2.6 million ($2.6M grants)