A program to encourage generosity in children by Kerrie Perry
PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH KICKstart
THIS PROGRAM WOULD MAKE a great full-day adventure and exploration of generosity. You may also pick
and choose ideas you want to use to create a shorter
experience and reflection on generosity.
• Voices United or print outs of #361 (group participants
can share the hymn book or print outs.)
• See Scripture Activity on page 21 and story-time
activities on page 21. Decide which activities you
would like to do in your workshop and gather the
• Jenga/Domino Blocks, slips of paper, scripture
sentences, and wood glue.
• Medium-size pillar candles, tissue paper, hair dryer,
Sharpie (or permanent) markers, regular markers,
pens and pencils.
• Paper, poster templates, flipchart, wax paper, tempera
• Bookmark paper or button making supplies.
• Voices United or copies of Small Things Count
• Ish by Peter H Reynolds, or a laptop and WiFi so you
can link to the YouTube video.
• Pray in Colour templates (see link provided.)
• Small jars (baby food or spaghetti sauce.)
• Glue, tissue paper, glitter, yarn, beads, paint etc. to
• Save, Spend, Give signs or stickers.